Benefits of Becoming a Member
St. Clair Golf Club takes great pride in maintaining our golf course and facilities to the highest level possible for our members to enjoy. We offer a great array of features and amenities that include:
- Golfing - This 18-hole, par 72 Donald Ross championship golf course will truly amaze you! Bent grass tees, fairways and greens allows us to keep this gem in prestige condition for your enjoyment. The course measures 6800 yards from the championship tees but with 4 set of tees, is enjoyable and challenging from any distance. The course has a slope rating of 137 from the championship tees
- Driving Range - The natural grass driving range has 18 bent grass hitting stations and 4 target greens that will allow everyone the opportunity to improve their game. With the vast space to hit golf balls, you can use any club in your bag to practice your game or just warm up before your round. A practice putting green and chipping green with sand bunker is also available for your practicing desire. PGA Golf Professional Scott Rich is available for lessons when it's time to get the results you are looking for.
- Locker Rooms - Locker rooms are available, for both men and women. Use of the locker room facilities and lockers is encouraged for changing clothes and shoes. Lockers are available for all golf members and the locker room fees are included in your membership dues. Members and guests are discouraged from changing shoes or clothes in the parking lot. Golf club storage is available at the Pro Shop and included in certain types of memberships.
- Bag Storage - Golf club storage is available at the Pro Shop and included in certain types of golf memberships.
- Swimming Pool - Our pool is for family and friends to enjoy from Memorial Day thru Labor Day, weekly from Tuesday until Sunday. However, these hours are subject to weather conditions. The pool itself is about 20 yards long and 4 feet deep. Food and beverage service is provided by the adjacent Oasis snack bar or out of the Main Dining Room (with beautiful course views of the 1st and 10th holes).
- Snack Bar - The Oasis is open for the use of golfers and swimmers to enjoy a tasty snack without leaving the course.
- Viking Fitness Gym Membership - Included in all Golfing Memberships and Recreational Social Memberships. Family Categories will receive 2 memberships, and Single Categories will receive 1 membership.
- Social Events - We host numerous socials events throughout the year with and special lunches/dinners during holidays for our members. Events include; Euchre nights, wine tastings, jazz fest, golf outings, beach parties, and more!
Types of Membership
Regular Golf Family – Age 46 and over – Privileges of all club facilities for self, spouse and dependants under the age of 21, or full time student until age 24 – Includes driving range, club storage for 2, and 2 lockers
Regular Golf Single – Age 46 and over – Privileges of all club facilities for self only – Includes driving range, club storage for 1, and 1 locker
Intermediate Golf Family – Age 30-45 – Privileges of all club facilities for self, spouse and dependants under the age of 21 – Includes driving range, club storage for 2, and 2 lockers
Intermediate Golf Single – Age 30-45 – Privileges of all club facilities for self only – Includes driving range, club storage for 1, and 1 locker
Junior Golf - Age 21-29 - Married individuals only - privileges of all club facilities for self, and spouse only - Includes driving range, club storage for 2, and 2 lockers
Junior Golf – Age 21-29 – Unmarried individuals only – privileges of all club facilities for self only – Includes driving range, club storage for 1, and 1 locker
Out of County Golf Family – Residence address outside of county – Privileges of all club facilities for self, spouse and dependants under the age of 21, or full time student until age 24 – Includes driving range, club storage for 2, and 2 lockers
Out of County Golf Single – Residence address outside of county – Privileges of all club facilities for self only – Includes driving range, club storage for 1, and 1 locker
Recreational Social – Privileges of all club facilities, except golf – Includes 4 golf vouchers per membership – cart fees apply
Dining Social – Access to dining facilities only
Corporate Golf – Membership is in the corporation’s name and all invoices are sent to the corporation. Authorized users will be assigned by the corporation the first of each year and can only be changed annually. Additional users may be added mid-season, but existing users cannot be replaced until next enrollment period. There is a minimum of three or more authorized users with privileges for the users only (no family access). All users must meet the club’s established membership criteria. If one or more members leave the corporation before the end of the year, the corporation remains responsible for all dues, fees and assessments for each membership.
The St. Clair Golf Club encourages its members to recommend friends, business advocates and family members for membership. The club enjoys a diverse membership of people from all walks of life that share a common love of golf and great dining.
Once a potential member is identified they must fill out an application for membership and submit it to the Director of Golf and Operations. The application is presented to the Board of Directors electronically and a decision is generally made within a few days. All new members must attend a brief new member orientation by the General Manager before actively using the club.
Apply For Membership
To apply for membership, please print out this membership form and return it to the golf club in person or by mailing it to: St. Clair Golf Club - 1714 North River Road, St. Clair, MI 48079.
For questions regarding membership at St. Clair Golf Club please contact our Director of Golf & Operations, Scott Rich. He can be reached at 810-329-7300 or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
When joining a new club, there are often questions that if not understood make for an occasional awkward moment. So that our new members feel welcome and informed we have created a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) and answers to help understand how our club functions. If you still have questions after reading this please call our Director of Golf and Operations, Mr. Scott Rich, at 810-329-7300, or email at email@example.com and he would be pleased to meet with you personally.
- How do I get my member number?
When you join the club, you are assigned a unique number for billing purposes. The number is assigned the moment your information is fed into the computer and is available by calling the club’s administration office. If you ever forget your number, it can be retrieved by entering your last name into the point of sale computer.
- How often am I billed for club use and dues?
The club bills all members in the first week after the end of the month. All members are required to pay their bill in full each month. If the balance is not paid by month’s end a finance charge will be applied. So that you can confirm all charges please keep a copy of all your receipts during each month. Members who keep a credit card on file will have it charged if payment is not received by the 15th of each month. This procedure is a convenience to all members who otherwise would have to mail in a check.
- What is the dress code for the club?
The St. Clair Golf Club expects all members and their guests to dress in a manner consistent with the club’s dignity and with respect for fellow members. Tee shirts, tank tops, workout attire and swim wear are never appropriate. All shirts must be tucked-in unless they would normally be worn out. Men must always remove their hats except in the Ross Room on Thursday evenings. Dress denim is permitted provided there is no fraying or tie-dying in the garment. Upscale designer denim is always the best choice.
Only golf attire normally seen in professional and amateur tournaments is allowed. Shorts should never be more than three inches above the knee and shirts must always be tucked in.
- What are the club hours of operation?
The operating hours for the club change by the season. During the peak summer season the golf course is open from 7:00 am until dusk Tuesday thru Sunday and noon till dusk on Monday. The clubhouse is open from 7:00 am till 9:00 pm every day. The restaurant is open from 11:00 am to until 9:00 pm Tuesday thru Saturday, 11:00 am thru 8:00 pm on Sunday and is closed on Mondays. It is always recommended to either consult the golf calendar or call the clubhouse if you are unsure as the club does periodically host golf outings and weddings to outside groups which close the facilities to the membership.
- What are the clubs Guest Rules?
Guests are always encouraged at the St. Clair Golf Club. When making a tee time or dinner reservation, please give your guests name. The club only allows a specific guest access no more than five times per year.
- How do I make a tee time?
Tee times are always encouraged and are made by calling the pro shop at 329-7458 or by logging on to the password protected side of the website (www.stclairgolfclub.com). Tee times can only be made one week in advance. Members can play without tee times by checking with the pro shop for availability.
- When is the driving range open?
In season the driving range is open from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm. Please call the pro shop to confirm availability as the schedule does change by season and due to weather conditions.
- What are the club’s policies on carts?
The club rents golf carts to all members and guests at set fees. Members are allowed to purchase an annual cart rental pass and/or pay an annual trail fee for a privately owned cart. You do need to live on the golf course but do not need to be a golf member to purchase the annual private cart trail fee. Private carts must meet certain criteria to be used on the course which can be provided upon request. You must be 16 years of age to drive a cart.
- How do I get a locker assigned and how does the locker room work?
All golf members are entitled to a locker which is included in their dues. Our men’s locker room attendant (MLRA) is responsible for assigning lockers for both men and women. The attendant also administers a shoe shine program that is an option to all members. For a $15 monthly fee from May thru October he will maintain yours and your guests shoes as often as you play (there is a fee for re-spiking). If you opt to not participate in the shoe shine program, there is a fee each time your shoes are maintained. Please remember that our attendant works for gratuities which are paid by all locker room users.
- What are the charges for GAM and CIF?
The Golf Association of Michigan fee is a one- time fee imposed on all golfing members of participating clubs and is used to maintain the state wide handicap program. Handicaps are necessary to compete in state or club sponsored events. This fee is currently $40/ player.
The Capital Improvement Fund is a club imposed fee on all membership categories and is used for the purchase of depreciable assets. The fee is currently $20/ month for all golfing categories and $10/ month for social categories.
- What are the tipping policies for the club?
There are a few areas of the club where tipping is common (the restaurant, men’s locker room and bag boys and girls).
All of the restaurant service employees work for gratuities. If you feel that you have received great service, the common gratuity is 18 to 20% added to your food and beverage bill. Of course you may tip as you please.
Men’s Locker Room:
The locker room attendant also works for gratuities and most members make private arrangements on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis according to personal service and shoe care ability.
The bag room employees maintain the carts, pick the range, greet you at the bag drop and clean your clubs after each use. A tip is typically given at the end of the round when your clubs are being cleaned.